Wenn euch die schweren Waffen auf den Rücken eures Charakters in Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition) nerven und ihr lieber die Rüstung sehen möchtet, könnte die Mod Disable Heavy Weapons for Mass Effect 2 für euch ansprechend sein, verlieren damit doch Charaktere die Fähigkeit schwere Waffen auszurüsten. Allerdings können diese Waffen weiterhin in der Welt gefunden und dann auch wieder angelegt werden. Die Mod kann bei Interesse unter diesem Link heruntergeladen werden. Im Changelog stehen ausführlichere Details.
This is a simple Coalesced_INT.bin edit that I made for myself because I don’t like that I can’t unequip heavy weapons in ME2. I almost never use them and I like the look of the armor without them. I’ve seen other posts around the internet from people who think similarly, so I thought I’d share. If you’re new to Mass Effect 2, you might want to hold off on this one for a bit until you’re comfortable with the gameplay. There are certain enemies and missions where a heavy weapon can be extremely useful.
What this mod does
Completely removes the ability to equip heavy weapons for all classes.
What this mod doesn’t do
Allow you to equip/unequip heavy weapons whenever you want.
Completely remove them from the game. You’ll still be able to find and/or research them.
- Make a backup copy of your Coalesced_INT.bin file. It can be found in your „…Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\ME2\BioGame\CookedPCConsole“ folder.
- Unpack my file and place it in the same folder listed above. Overwrite when asked.
*This will overwrite any other Coalesced_INT.bin edit that you’re using*
If you’d like to add my changes to a modded Coalesced_INT.bin file that you’re already using, check out DukeOfKiewit’s guide on editing your Coalesced_INT.bin file.
- Make a backup of the Coalesced_INT.bin edit that you’re already using.
- Once it’s unpacked, edit the „-_-_BIOGame_Config_BIOGame.ini“ with a text editor of your choice (Notepad ++ is highly recommended) and search (ctrl + F) for „PlayerLoadoutInfo“ (starting with line 161 in Notepad ++). You’ll see loadout information for each of the classes.
- At the end of each line is the tag „LoadoutWeapons_HeavyWeapons“. Simply remove that section of the line from each class (or the class in particular that you don’t want heavy weapons to be usable) and save.
- Repack your Coalesced_INT.bin file and place it back in the proper folder if you moved it.
The grenade launcher found in the beginning of the game is a scripted part of the tutorial. You’ll still be required to pick it up and use it. It’ll remain equipped until you get to Freedom’s Progress.
Your heavy weapon ammo will be stuck at 0. However, when you loot heavy weapon containers, you’ll get credits instead.
This is safe for new playthroughs or to add in mid-game. If you find yourself longing for the days when you could use heavy weapons, simply replace my file with the backup of the original that you made (because you’re a careful and thorough gamer) and all should be well.